Turkey Sausages (Qevapi)
A delicious grilled turkey meat sausage, seasoned with chili powder, cumin and other warm spices.
Turkey Meat Sausages (Qevapi)
- 16 oz ground turkey meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for frying) or vegetable
- 1/2 yellow onion grated
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
In a large bowl, combine everything together, except the olive oil. Using a spatula or your hands, mix until all the spices and herbs are incorporated throughout the meat.
Refrigerate the meat for at least 30 min before cooking.
Using your hands, form 14-16 sausage shaped patties, about 3 ½ to 4 inches in length.
With your stove on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Cook the sausages in batches of 2, for about 8-10 minutes, making sure to flip them throughout the cooking process.
Serve in a pita, a salad, or with a side of rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
- You could use ground beef, pork, or chicken instead.
- I use the shredding side of the cheese grater for the onion and the smaller side for grating the garlic. If you don't have a grater, just chop them both very fine.
- Fry the sausages in batches of 2, so they cook more evenly.