Sweet Heat Mustard Wings
These sweet heat mustard wings are baked until crispy and golden brown. The perfect amount of heat, spice and sweetness. A delicious appetizer.
Sheet Pan 12x18
1.5 qt Saucepan
Large Mixing Bowl
- 2½-3 lbs chicken wings flats & drums
- 2 tsp koser salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Sweet Heat Mustard Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar light or dark
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Preheat your oven to 425°
Wash your chicken and thoroughly dry with paper towels. Spread them out onto your sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
Add your prepared sauce into your mixing bowl and then add the hot wings directly into the sauce. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and diced scallion (optional.)
Add your butter to the saucepan. Melt on low heat. Add in brown sugar, mustards, and honey. stir to combine.
Now add in all of your spices. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. pour into a mixing bowl until the wings are ready.
- You can completely omit the cayenne pepper if you're not into spicy foods, or add more if you'd like! 1/2 tsp is the perfect amount for subtle heat.
- Turning the wings halfway through the baking process, ensures both sides will crisp up.
- Make sure your wings are completely dry before seasoning them and placing them in the oven. This also is key for crispy wings. I use paper towels for this.