Creamy Salsa Verde
This fresh and easy salsa is the most delicious summer appetizer. The addition of an avocado make this creamy salsa verde so irresistible!
Servings 16 oz
- 7-8 Tomatillos Peeled, rinsed and dried
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 limes juiced
- 1-2 tbsp water optional
Preheat your oven to a broiler setting.
On a sheet pan, add your tomatillos, scallions, jalapeno, garlic and onion. Broil for 8-10 minutes until charred.
Let them cool down for 10-15 minutes until warm. Add into a blender, along with your avocado, cilantro, salt, sugar and lime juice. Blend until creamy and smooth. If your salsa is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp of water. Store in a mason jar and refrigerate. Enjoy!
- This creamy salsa verde is delicious with tortilla chips, in a sandwich or even as a marinade for poultry or seafood.
- I enjoy this salsa cold. You can store in in a mason jar for up to 4-5 days.
- This recipe makes about 16 ounces of salsa.