Turkey Pepperoni Pizza With Banana Peppers
Gooey cheese, salty pepperoni and tangy peppers. This Turkey Pepperoni Pizza with Banana Peppers is the perfect combination of flavors.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Banana peppers hot or sweet
- Turkey pepperoni slices
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese Grated
Preheat your oven to 500°
On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to your desired shape. I prefer a rectangle.
Transfer the pizza dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper large enough to fit the pizza. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil on the dough.
Spread your pizza sauce all over leaving ½ inch of the crust uncovered.
Add your mozzarella cheese down first. Then top with turkey pepperoni and banana peppers. Be sure to scatter them evenly. Drizzle the remaining tbsp of oil and sprinkle crushed red pepper on top. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
Top with fresh basil and freshly grated parmigianno-reggiano cheese. Enjoy!
- If you're not into spicy foods, just omit the crushed red pepper and opt for sweet banana peppers instead.
- Store bought dough is perfectly fine. Or your favorite pizza dough recipe.