Wild Rice Fall Harvest Salad with Maple Tahini
This salad is packed with all the flavors of autumn. Wild Rice Fall Harvest Salad with Maple Tahini, Is the perfect blend of flavors and textures.
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- ¾ cup shaved brussels sprouts
- ¾ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup roasted butternut squash or boiled
- ½ apple diced or sliced (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- ½ pear diced or sliced (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Maple Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar acv or white vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsbs water
Add all of your ingredients to a salad bowl, mix to combine or arrange side by side, as pictured, if serving to guests. Serve the dressing on top or on the side. Enjoy!
In a small bowl, add your tahini, vinegar and maple. Whisk in your olive oil and add your seasonings. Stir to combine.
Add in your water. The tahini will be too thick without water. I used 2 tbsp for the perfect consistency, but you can use more for a thinner dressing.
- This salad is very interchangeable. If you don't have butternut squash you could use pumpkin or sweet potato.
- You could also use whatever rice you have on hand, but the wild rice really makes this salad hearty!
- Any dried fruit will work in this salad. I've also tried apricots. Delicious.
- You can also use spinach if you don't have any kale.
- This maple tahini dressing is slightly sweet and nutty. The addition of maple and vinegar, cuts through that. And the addition of water will give you a thinner consistency. Perfect for dressing a salad.