Orange & Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Deliciously nutty and citrusy, these Orange & Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect blend of flavors. There's orange zest throughout the whole batter and pools of chocolate, giving you that perfect bite!
Servings 10 cookies
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tbs flour spooned and leveled
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 large egg room temp
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¾-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks reserve some for topping
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl, except the sugars and mix to combine. Set aside. In stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add in your sugars, orange zest and butter. Mix until smooth.
Next, add in the egg, tahini, vanilla and orange juice. Mix until incorporated. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Once the flour is thoroughly mixed in and there are no dry spots left, remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks using a spatula. Chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, before baking. This will firm the dough up a bit.
Preheat your oven to 350°. Using an ice cream scooper, or a ¼ C measure, form the dough into balls and place them onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Allow some space in between each cookie for spreading. Top them with flakey salt and orange zest (optional) and bake for 12-15 minutes. Or until the edges are lightly brown and the center is almost set.
- If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a handheld mixture instead. Or even a whisk or spatula
- The tahini flavor is very subtle in these cookies, but it adds very unique and delicious note.
- I always use unsalted butter when i'm making cookies, that way i can control the salt that goes in. Only 1/2 tsp in this recipe, and flake salt on top. Just the right amount.
- Spoon your flour into your measuring cup and level it off with a knife. This will give you a more accurate measure.