Coffee Glazed Carrot Cake Doughnuts
These Coffee Glazed Carrot Cake Doughnuts are light and fluffy on inside with a slightly crisp exterior. They are warmly spiced and so delicious!
Carrot Cake Doughnuts
- 2 cups + 2 tbs flour spooned and leveled
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ¾ cup yogurt full fat
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup finely shredded carrot squeeze to remove the excess water
- oil for frying vegetable or any neutral oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp strong coffee
Add the eggs, sugar, yogurt & vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
Next add in your flour, baking powder, salt & spices. Use a spatula to mix the batter until there are no dry pockets left. Fold in your carrots. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a large pot to 345°-355°
Dump the batter onto a floured surface and sprinkle with more flour until no longer sticky. Roll out your dough ½ inch thick. Using biscuit cutters, shape out your doughnuts and gently drop them in the oil. Fry in batches for 1.5-2 minutes on each side turning over once. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with a wire rack. Allow the doughnuts to cool before dipping in the glaze. Enjoy!
- I used a 3 1/4 inch biscuit cutter to shape my doughnuts out and a smaller one for the middle. Make sure to dip the cutters in flour so they don't stick to the batter when cutting into.
- Once your carrots are shredded, add them to a kitchen cloth and ball it up. Squeeze tightly to remove most of the water.
- Fry the doughnuts in batches of 2-3 to ensure they cook evenly.
- Use room temperature or cold coffee for the glaze.