Giant Guava & Cream Cheese Frosted Pop Tart
This giant guava & cream cheese frosted pop tart is a bit addicting. It's flaky, buttery, creamy, crunchy-sweet goodness!
- 2 oz cream cheese Softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp cream or milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 pie crusts
- 6 oz guava paste cut into pieces
- 6 tbsp water
- egg wash
In a mixing bowl add in your softened cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. It will be thick. Add in the milk 1 tbsp at a time until smooth and creamy. Finish with salt.
Preheat your oven to 375. In a small saucepan add the guava pieces and water. Stir with a spatula until the paste melts and liquifies. About 5 minutes. set aside to cool.
Roll out your pie crusts on a floured surface and cut each one roughly into a 11x15 rectangle. Lay one crust down on a parchment lined sheet pan. Spread the guava jelly leaving a 1 inch border. Brush the edges with egg wash. Lay the other crust on top and crimp with a fork. Brush the top with egg wash and poke a few holes on top. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Allow the pop tart to cool before pouring the icing on top. Finish with candy hearts or sprinkles. Cut a slice and enjoy.
- You can use any filling with this recipe. Strawberry or raspberry jam are also delicious.
- Guava paste is very thick. Cutting it into slices speeds up the melting down process. Stir continuously.
- The candy hearts are totally optional and fun. I usually opt for rainbow sprinkles when i'm not feeling festive.