These vegan pumpkin butter rolls are unbelievably moist and delicious! They have a hint of pumpkin sweetness and a whole lot of fluff! They are the most perfect buttery rolls and will make a delicious side for any dinner.
Do you guys salivate at the scent of freshly baked bread, or is it just me? I’m sure I’m not the only one. The warm scent of bread is baking in the oven makes the whole house smells like a bakery and I love that. The weather has been pretty cool in New York an all I’ve been wanting to make is soup and warm bread.
These bread rolls are completely vegan and SO good! I promise you! I’ve already made these twice because we ate the first batch like savages. And they are also so easy to make!
How to make vegan pumpkin butter rolls
- Melt vegan butter, unsweetened almond milk and pumpkin purée in a sauce pan on low, just until the butter is melted. Then turn the heat off.
- Add that to a bowl containing 2 1/4 tsp of instant yeast or 1 packet and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk to combine
- Next, add in 4 cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt. Mix until a dough forms and knead for 3-5 minutes
- Form a ball and cover in a greased bowl to rise for 1-1.5 hours. Once risen, punch the dough down and form it into little balls. I get anywhere between 15-17 rolls.
- Place the dough balls into a buttered dish and cover for a second rise, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter and top with pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds (optional) and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
These make for the perfect side for your thanksgiving dinner. They are also perfect alongside a big bowl of soup. I sometimes make egg sandwiches in the morning or turkey sammies for lunch. They are so good!
Vegan Pumpkin Butter Rolls
- Mixing Bowls
- Whisk or spatula
- 9×13 baking dish
- Pastry brush
- 4 cups flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ⅓ c +2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Add your flour and salt to a mixing bowl and set aside. In another bowl add your yeast and sugar and set aside.
- Add your almond milk, vegan butter and pumpkin puree to a medium saucepan on low and heat it just until the butter is melted. Turn the heat off. Let it cool a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to your bowl of yeast and sugar, mix to combine.
- slowly add your flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine until a dough forms. Knead for 3-5 minutes and form into a ball. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let it rise until doubled in size. About 1-1.5 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release some of the gas bubbles. Divide the dough into 15- 18 pieces. From them into balls and place them into a buttered dish for a second rise. Preheat your oven to 350°
- Once the rolls have doubled in size, about 45 minutes, using a pastry brush, brush with some melted butter and top with pumpkin and sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. Enjoy!
- Any non-dairy milk will work with this recipe. Oat, macadamia or soy.
- You can also make the dough the night before and store it in the fridge once you’ve shaped the dough. Just bring them to room temperature before baking them and let them finish rising before you bake them off.
- Vegan butter is easy to find and is usually in the dairy section of the grocery store, mixed in with the regular butter.
- I usually get 15-17 rolls and I bake them in a 9×13 baking dish.