This has probably been my most surprisingly delicious experiment. I’ve been using so much tahini in a lot of my recipes lately. I’ve put it in dressings, cake, cookies and now my favorite, a latte! This is a tahini maple latte that I simply can’t get enough of! It’s the latte you never knew you needed and it is so simple to make.
This recipe actually happened as an experiment. My sister who happens to be a vegan was over my house and wanted a coffee. I always have some type of non dairy milk on hand. My favorite for lattes and iced coffees is full-fat from Oatly.
So I was staring at my Nespresso maker that I haven’t used since before the shutdown and trying to get all the parts together. I luckily found a sleeve of espresso capsules and I just told her I’d surprise her with a vegan latte. And hence, the tahini maple latte. I was hesitant at first but I thought, ‘how bad could it be?’ And we both absolutely loved it. The combination of tahini and maple together go hand in hand. Now, throw some coffee in the mix and YUM! It has all the best flavors. Nuttiness from the tahini, the warm sweetness from the maple syrup and vanilla scented milk. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! You also don’t need a fancy espresso machine or a frother to create this addictive latte.
Ingredients for Tahini Maple Latte
- 2 oz espresso
- 2/3 cup non dairy milk. Oat, almond or soy. Or regular milk.
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup. Depends how sweet you like your lattes.
- 1/2 tsp vanille
- Whipped cream & cinnamon for topping
I warmed the milk in the microwave and used a handled milk frother to create foam. But you can easily use a small saucepan and continuously whisk your milk over a med-low flame and achieve the same result.
Tahini Maple Latte
- Milk frother or whisk
- small saucepan
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 oz espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2-4 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- cinnamon for topping
- Brew the espresso and pour into your cup/cups.
- Add the milk, tahini, maple & vanilla to a small saucepan on medium heat and continuously whisk to create some foam. You can also warm the milk in the microwave and use a handheld frother instead.
- Pour the tahini-maple milk over the espresso. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes a 10 oz latte.
- Adjust the # of tsp of maple syrup to your preferred sweetness.
- You can use non-dairy milk or regular milk for this latte.
- Milk Frother wands are pretty inexpensive, but if you don’t have one you can simply use a saucepan as mentioned.