Do you guys remember Mrs. fields cookies? I haven’t had one is so long! I used to get so excited going the the mall as a kid because we’d always end up at the food court where they had a Mrs. fields shop and get cookies. One peanut butter & one chocolate chip for me. Always! I loved the combo and as much as I tried to resist from eating both. I’d alternate bites from each cookie.
So with all that being said, I wanted to recreate that bite, but in one easy cookie. These are my peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. They’re salty, nutty, gooey and pretty much all you could want. Aside from being so good, they’re VERY easy to make. Nothing fancy, just simple ingredients!
How to make Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add your butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat for 2 minutes on low-medium speed.
- Add in your vanilla, egg and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, salt & baking soda. Mix until there are no dry patches of flour left.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in your chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
- You can bake the cookies right away or leave them in the fridge over-night for a more flavorful cookie.
I like to use unsweetened peanut butter, so they cookies aren’t too sweet. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer. I love using chocolate bars because it creates those luscious chocolate puddles that makes you want to shrink yourself and jump in. I used dark chocolate, but milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate are delicious. I use an ice cream scooper or a 1/4 cup measure for these cookies.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment
- Parchment Paper
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped chocolate dark, milk or semi-sweet
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, add your butter, peanut butter & sugars. Beat for 2 minutes on medium. Next add in the vanilla and egg. Beat just until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking soda & salt and continue to mix until there are no dry patches of flour left. Fold in your chopped chocolate. Reserve some for topping.
- Using your ice cream scooper or cup measure, scoop your cookie onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Top with salt and more chocolate (optional). Bake for 12 minutes. Allow them to cool on the baking tray before eating. Enjoy!
- This recipes makes 8-10 cookies. I use this ice cream scooper.
- You can also use almond butter or any other nut butt that you prefer instead.
- You can refrigerate the cookies overnight if you want a more flavorful cookies. I think cookies always taste best when made the next day. Just allow them to come to room temp before baking them.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking tray as they will continue cooking.