These Malted S’mores Blondies are too good! The best mashup of a classic s’mores. It’s a toasty chocolate chip cookie base that’s topped with marshmallow fluff and plenty of semi-sweet chocolate chunks on top and all throughout. There’s crispy edges and gooey centers and they are a chewy brownie lover’s dream!
Who doesn’t love a s’more? They are the epitome of summer, so before its over and you’re consuming all things pumpkin spice (like i will be), MAKE THESE! They are my absolute favorite. My family devoured them in minutes!
They have a chocolate chip cookie base that is made with both whole wheat and all purpose flour. The whole wheat flour gives this blondie a toasty flavor, just like a graham cracker. Plus the addition of malted milk powder adds an extra layer of warm & toasty flavor. I use malted milk powder often in my recipes, you can also find it in this malted chocolate frosting.
These Malted S’mores Blondies start off like classic chocolate chip cookies, but with less flour. I use melted butter and both white & brown sugar. the addition of brown sugar gives these blondies their chewy texture! The batter will be thick, so I like to use a spatula to spread it out in the pan.
HOW TO MAKE MALTED S’MORES BLONDIES
- Add melted butter to a medium sized bowl, along with brown sugar, white sugar & vanilla. Mix until smooth. Incorporate the egg.
- Using a spatula, mix in whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, malted powder, baking soda, & salt. Mix until there are no pockets of flour left.
- Fold in the chocolate. Spread the batter in a parchment lined square pan. It will be thick.
- Drop dollops of fluff on top and gently swirl it around, Using an offset spatula, . Finish with chocolate chunks on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Malted S’mores Blondies
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup malted milk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup marshmallow fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Add melted butter to a medium sized bowl, along with brown sugar, white sugar & vanilla. whisk until smooth. Incorporate the egg.
- Add in all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, malted milk powder, baking soda, & salt. Mix until there are no dry pockets of flour left. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate. Reserve some for topping.
- Spread the batter in a parchment lined square pan. It will be thick. Drop dollops of marshmallow fluff on top. Gently swirl it around using an offset spatula. Finish with chopped chocolate chunks. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy warm!