Spinach & feta white pizza! There’s feta all over my timeline, and although that viral feta and tomato pasta looks delicious, I don’t want to use up my block of feta, just in case they sell out here too.
At all times, there’s a block of feta in my fridge. It’s just how I grew up. Albanians loveeeeee feta cheese. Any meal that my mom made was served with a hunk of feta on the side. Bean soup? A side of feta. Pasta? More feta. Stuffed peppers? Yup, feta. So naturally, feta on pizza sounded like a great idea. And it tasted way better than I expected.
The base is a garlic cream sauce. It’s topped with shredded mozzarella, slices of salty creamy feta, fresh chopped spinach and some red onion. All the flavors melt into each other creating the perfect bite. Although i’m a classic red sauce and mozzarella kind of gal, this is my new favorite pizza!
What you’ll need for spinach & feta white pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough. Store bought or homemade.
- Heavy cream
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh spinach
- Red onion
The addition of fresh spinach and onions adds a bright flavor to all of the cheesy & salty goodness. I like to also add sesame seeds to my crust, but that’s totally optional!
This pizza is a perfect week-night meal that doesn’t require much effort. Even more effortless if you use store bough dough!
Spinach & Feta White Pizza
- Sauce pan
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1 lb pizza dough store bought or homemade
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp freshly grated garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 4 oz feta
- ⅔ cup mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- thinly sliced red onion
- crushed red pepper optional
- Add the heavy cream to a saucepan with the flame on low-med. Add in the garlic, oregano, salt, pepper & nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, whisking very often. The mixture will start to thicken. About 8-10 minutes. Pour into a bowl until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 475°
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten the dough into a thin-medium curst. Doesn't have to be a perfect circle. Transfer it to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the white sauce evenly over the dough. Scatter the mozzarella & feta. Top with chopped spinach and red onion. Finish with crushed red pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the crust is lightly golden and the cheese is bubbling. Slice and enjoy!
- Keep an eye on the cream sauce and stir often as it can boil and burn easily. As soon as it starts to thicken, remove it from the heat.
- You can also use fresh mozzarella instead, or feta crumbles if that’s what you have on hand.
- Sesame seeds on the crust are totally optional. But if using, lightly brush the crust with oil and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Try to preheat your oven an hour in advance so it’s super hot once the pizza goes in.