Who doesn’t love a charcuterie board? Now that the weather is getting warmer, it’s what I really enjoy eating the most. A little bit of this a little bit of that, some wine and a soft breeze with sunshine. There’s really no right or wrong way when it comes to assembling a charcuterie board. Although I love adding cured meats, like salami & prosciutto, going into the warmer months, a vegetarian charcuterie board is perfect for those days when you want something light and satisfying.
I personally love sharp cheeses. I went with goat cheese and feta. I like to do 2-3 cheese at most. If you want a milder cheese, you could also use mozzarella. Brie, havarti & cheddar are also great options. I cubed my feta so its easier to pick at. Goat cheese is very creamy, so make sure you have a small knife for easy slicing.
Since this is a vegetarian charcuterie board, feel free to use as many of your favorite vegetables as you’d like. I went with sliced cucumbers, & roasted red peppers. I also added Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves). Not a vegetable really, but adds a nice bite and they are so GOOD. You can also use whats in season. Pickled radishes, marinated beets or carrots. Roasted asparagus would be delicious too.
Olives are a MUST! They add that perfect briny/salty bite to the board that is so necessary. If you wants a mild olive, opt for frescatrano or castelvetrano olives. I went for marinated kalamata olives. Pickles or artichokes are also delicious and briny.
I love to do a combination of dried & fresh fruits. Strawberries, of course. It’s their season. You could also do sliced apples, pears or apricots. I used dried oranges. Dried apricots are delicious or even medijool pitted dates.
I like to use a 2-3 different kinds. One plain and one flavored. Trader Joe’s is perfect for that area. Love their cracker selection.
I love using marcona almonds. Hazelnuts, pistachios or walnuts are all great options.
A good fruit spread, like fig preserves is always my go-to. I also love using honey or guava paste work well too!
Vegetarian Charcuterie Board
- Medium serving board
- 2-3 types of cheese such as feta and goat cheese.
- assorted veggies such as olives, cucumbers and roasted red peppers. I used marinated kalamata & Chalkidiki olives. I also love to use Frescatrano or Castelvetrano.
- 6-8 oz dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
- assorted nuts such as walnuts, marcona almonds, or hazelnuts.
- 2-3 types of fresh or dried fruit. Such as strawberries, oranges and grapes.
- assorted crackers. I like to use 2 different kinds.
- fruit spread of your choice. Like fig preserves or guava paste.
- Lay your cheese down first. Cube the feta if you are using a block so it's easier to grab. Leave the goat cheese whole and add a small knife for easy cutting. Go ahead and arrange you veggies, olives, nuts, fruits, crackers, and spreads on the board. Fill it up, leaving no empty spaces. Use small bowls for the olives and roasted red peppers so it doesn't get too messy. If you're using a spread like fig preserves, just pop the lid off and place as is on the board. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!